State Industry Advancement Awards
In addition to the national Industry Excellence Awards
that are presented at the Melbourne Dinner each year, ARCIA also presents a State Industry Advancement Award at regional events in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne each year.
Individual state winners each receive a trophy and an invitation to attend the national Gala dinner in Melbourne, and become the nominees for the national ‘Peter Wallace Industry Advancement Award’.
Nominees for the award should preferably be someone with direct links to the ‘Radio communications industry’; they may be from industry personnel, major users, technical or educational institutions who have contributed to the benefit of the industry in different ways. Some of the areas for consideration could include:
- Significant contribution to the radio industry
- An apprentice or new talent who has achieved well above expectations
- Innovation that provides increased opportunity or value to the industry
- Initiatives in training or similar areas that benefit the entire industry within the state
- With the exception of the second dot point above, the achievements should not just be of a personal situation, in other words being the top sales person would not be seen as an industry advance, that is purely personal and the award should be for industry benefit.