3GPP Melbourne Workshop for Government and Industry 19th September 2018 at Melbourne University18th September, 2018
The Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) unites seven of the world’s telecommunications standard development organizations (SDOs) to provide a stable environment in which to define the open standards underpinning current and future mobile cellular networks.
During September 3GPP is organising its plenary meeting at the Gold Coast to be attended by delegates from around the globe. We were offered a unique opportunity to have some of the 3GPP leadership come to Melbourne for a Government and Industry briefing, presentations and open forum to follow their Gold Coast plenary.
This 3GPP leadership team will include Messrs Adrian Scrase, ETSI CTO, Georg Mayer, Chairman 3GPP Core Network and Terminals (CT, Balazs Bertenyi, Chairman 3GPP Radio Access Networks (RAN) Chairman, and Tero Pesonen, Chairman TCCA/CCBG/3GPP Market Partner; and will be joined by local speakers from Melbourne University, TCCA and ARCIA.
This will provide the opportunity to brief executive level representatives of Australian governments, academia, and Industry on the important role performed by 3GPP in the development and maintenance of open standards that:
- Support the global operational communication technologies and capabilities for specific business and mission critical sectors of the communications market;
- Provide a path to a connected society via LTE and 5G specification work to meet a futuristic set of use cases – by specifically evolving broadband access, meeting the need of machine type communications and by providing ultra-reliable & low latency connectivity.
- Move forward based on an established dialogue at government, public safety, security agency, transport and industry stakeholder level.
- This event is now organised for the 19th of September in collaboration with the University of Melbourne’s Centre for Disaster Management and Public Safety (CDMPS). We have attached the relevant event flyers including booking information. We would be happy for you to pass this information on to any interested parties in this unique event.
This is the first time 3GPP has participated in such an event in Australia, therefore it presents a unique opportunity to hear directly from the 3GPP leadership about the current status and strategic direction for 3GPP standards, including future 5G plans.
The Event Date Time and Location
The event will take place between 1.15 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 18 September 2018 on the campus of the University of Melbourne in the Greenwood Theatre of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Registration for this afternoon event is via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/3gpp-insightson-global-mobile-telecommunications-tickets-48583571771
- The fee for general Industry delegates is $ 95.00 + GST per person.
- The discounted fee for supporting Partner Members and Government delegates is $ 75.00 per delegate. This includes delegates and members of Melbourne University, ATCCF, TCCA, ARCIA and Victrack
For Further Information Contact:
Or contact me on 0419 533 046.