2013 Annual Industry Gala Dinner28th November, 2013
The 2013 Annual Industry Gala Dinner was held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center on the 21st of November on the first day of the Comms Connect Conference. The MC for the evening, Paul Stathis, did a wonderful job facilitating the evening. The night kicked off with the Industry Gala Dinner feature video, which illustrated how the radio communications industry is making a difference in communities all throughout Australia.
The video was accompanied by singer Chloe Maggs, who also provided the entertainment for the evening by singing several other songs throughout the dinner. New at the dinner this year were some additional services from the Hilton - eforea spa, which provided complimentary massages, as well as touch-up services for the ladies of the evening, thanks to COLOURPLAY Makeup Artistry.
The Industry Excellence Awards congratulated members from the industry for their incredible achievements throughout the year in 8 different categories, along with the Jonathan Livingston Award.
This year the Jonathan Livingston Award was given to Albert Hazebroek because of his dedication to young people in the industry, plus his very extensive involvement in his local community in Western Australia.
Below is the list of the Industry Excellence Award winners:
1) Professional Sales Award: ROGER WEBBER – TELECHNICS
2) Engineering Elegance Award: PAUL WHITFIELD – OMNITRONICS
3) New Talent Award: FAHAD HASSAN – VERTEL
4) Customer Service Award: IAN GIBSON – AIRWAVE SOLUTIONS
5) Technical Excellence Award: ADRIAN CALDIARARO – RADLINK COMMUNICATIONS
6) Apprentice or Trainee Award: CHRIS PRITCHARD – ICOM
7) Peter Wallace Award: LEE WATSON – TAIT RADIO
8) Community Service Award: PHIL HOLDEN – GENCOM
Thank you to all of the ARCIA sponsors and the Industry Excellence Award sponsors for enabling this night to be a success. We also thank JVC Kenwood and eforea Spa - Hilton for contributing two fantastic door prizes this year. Thanks to all of your generous contributions, a considerable amount of money was raised to go towards the victims of the recent fires in NSW.