2017 Industry Excellence Award Winners AnnouncedPosted on: 2nd December, 2017
The winners of the 2017 ARCIA Industry Excellence Awards were announced at the annual industry gala dinner in Melbourne last week. The event was held in conjunction with Comms Connect Melbourne.
As always, there was a large field of first-class nominees from many businesses right across Australia, making it hard for the judges to choose the winners in each category.
In addition to the industry awards listed below, there was also the presentation of a Lifetime Membership to a well-known and highly respected figure, Jim Simpson, for his many decades of contribution to the communications industry.
The 2017 winners are:
- Professional Salesperson Award — Kenneth Matthews, CSE Crosscom
- Customer Service Award — Sonia Anderson, Motorola Solutions Australia
- Technical Excellence Award — Simon Bradford, Radlink Communications
- Community Service Award — Connie Taylor, Simoco Wireless Solutions
- Engineering Elegance Award — Ray Barnes, Wireless Innovation
- Apprentice/Trainee Award — Jeremy Rush, Vertel
- New Talent Award — Alex Van Velden, CSE Comsource
- Peter Wallace, Industry Professional of Year Award — Con Costi (Queensland region)
- Jonathan Livingston Award — Neville Sleep, Polar Electronic Industries