ARCIA AGM 2018Posted on: 13th August, 2018
The Annual General Meeting of ARCIA was held by teleconference on Wednesday 8th August 2018, with quite a good representation of members and supporters dialling in. Reports from the President, Executive Officer and Treasurer were tabled and these will also be available in the ARCIA Annual Report to be printed and circulated shortly.
Annual elections were held with the following outcomes –
- President Hamish Duff, NSW
- Vice President Gary Botley, QLD
- 2nd Vice President Glenn Sneddon, VIC
- Treasurer Andrew Wyborn, VIC
- Secretary Kathryn Askwith, WA
- Committee Member 1 John La Cava, QLD
- Committee Member 2 Brad Welch, QLD
- Committee Member 3 David Britt, VIC
- Committee Member 4 Graham Rallings, QLD
- Committee Member 5 Chris Stevens, VIC
- Committee Member 6 Phil Dowd, QLD
- Committee Member 7 Denis Colbourne, QLD
- Committee Member 8 John Whittaker, QLD
- Committee Member 9 Andrew Findlay, NSW
- Committee Member 10 Roger Webber, NSW
- Committee Member 11 Wayne Turnbull, NSW
- Committee Member 12 Mark Byford, SA
As the number of nominations equals the number of vacancies the above will be declared elected.
The following members have been recommended by the outgoing committee for appointment as ex-officio nominees for addition to the committee for the coming year –
Anthony Blyth (Qld), Noel Higgins (Vic), Rob Howes (WA), Damian Costello (SA), David Cox (Vic), Chris Stapleton (Vic), Jamie Baker (Vic).
One item of business was put forward for approval, that the Executive Group be authorised to investigate the transfer of the Association from an incorporated body to a not-for-profit company, as well as consider changing the name of the organisation. Both of these will be longer term projects.